There are times when you would like to have a blog post authored by someone other than yourself. To accomplish this, a guest user account needs to be created, and the blog post authorship needs to be set to that guest user.
- From the left menu, click on ‘Users’
- Click ‘Add New’ button next to Users at the top
Then select edit the new user and add a password.
- Scroll down to the ‘Add New User’ section (substitute firstname/lastname for the guest blog author name)
- Enter the following for username: firstnamelastnameguest
- Enter the following for username: firstnamelastname[email protected]
- Select ‘Author’ from the Roles dropdown
- IMPORTANT: Check the box next to the option to Add the user without sending an email that requires their confirmation. (If you miss this step, you will need to contact SourceLink for support)
- After submit, a link will appear at the top of the page with the option to ‘Edit User’ – click this text link
- Update the nickname field to be Firstname Lastname
- Below this field, select the Firstname Lastname option from the dropdown menu for the setting that controls what to display the name publicly
Once the User Account has been added with the appropriate settings above and the display name changed to their full name, you may update an existing blog post (or a new blog post) under the author settings.
- Go to Posts from the left main menu
- Add new post or edit an existing post
- Scroll page the page content to the ‘Author’ section and then select the new author name from the drop down. If the ‘Author’ section is not visible, scroll to the top of the page, click ‘Screen Options’, and check ‘Author’
- Publish or update to save changes
Tips: SourceLink recommends adding a graphic representation of the author at the bottom of the blog post itself. This can be done by adding a photo and contact details at the end of the post using the editor.
Last Updated 09.02.21
These Help Documents are Under Development and Subject to Frequent Change