How To Import Client Snapshots
Go to Setup>Import Client Data
Under Import Other Data, click Client Snapshots
Download the snapshot import file template.
Populate the spreadsheet with your client snapshot data. Open instructions in columns with comments (red triangle) to enter proper data.
Save the file in your hard drive. Select Data File at the bottom of the Import Client Data page in SourceLink Pro.
You have the option of adding the Snapshot Counselor for all interactions.
Click Import Client Data.
Helpful Tips –
- Column titles must remain the same as the sample file
- Client Name OR Person Name (first and last) is required
- For rows containing a Client Name, a Person Name is highly recommended, otherwise people records will automatically be created with the name of “Unknown Person”
- The first person listed in the spreadsheet for a new Company will be made the Primary Contact
- For an upload where existing person or company data is already in SourceLink, the following rules will apply:
- Empty columns will be skipped and NOT erase existing data
- Company information will be created/updated when the Company Name OR SourceLink Client ID finds an exact match
- Person information will be updated when the Client Name and/or SourceLink Client ID AND individual person first and last name exact match
- Person information will be created when the Client Name and/or SourceLink Client ID match but NOT individual person first and last name
- Snapshot Tags must exist in SourceLink before uploading. Tags need to be comma separated.
For more information visit, Import Client Data.