1.Login to the backend of your SiteConnex® website
2.Click → ‘Pages’
Determine if the new page will be at the top of the navigator (show up in the main navigation bar on the home page) or be a subpage.
- If a main page, click →Create a page button
- If a subpage, check the box next to the page under which this page will appear, click →Create a child of the selected page
- Name: as it will appear in navigation; keep in mind SEO words and keep short
- Unclick “Show in navigation” if you want it to be a hidden page
- Title for search engines: This can be more descriptive, will display in browser title bar
- Template: Most pages will use a standard subpage. Select another Template to choose a different layout (for instance, full page width for a very large chart)
- Description: Enter a short description of what the page includes
- Keywords: Enter SEO words, but only use words that actually appear on the page
Click →Create and go to add content
Power User Tip: Do not use back arrows; use Back to Pages prompts. Never use special characters in the URL field (e.g. %, &, !, ", etc).
Creating Content on a Page
Content is contained in widgets that are dragged from the right navigation bar. Some common widgets:
- Content block: Holds text, graphics, photographs
- News: Allows for the insertion of a news summary; actual news will be added to News under Content
- Blog Posts/Blog Lists: Allows for the insertion of blog posts; actual posts will be added to Blog Posts under Content
- Events: Allows for the insertion of an events summary; actual Events will be added to Events under Content
- Form: Allows for the insertion of a form; forms are created in Forms under Content
Using the Content Block
When you drag the content blog to the location of the page where it should appear, and release the cursor, you will have the option to click → ‘Add Content’. Or click →Edit in the top right corner of the content block.
The Content Block works very much like a Word document. You can cut and paste copy, insert images (using the Insert images icon ), link content (using the link icon ) and format text using the bold, italic, list and headline tagging functions. Click ‘More formatting options’ for centering, font colors, etc.
Click →Save when finished.
Using Other Widgets:
When you click and drag other widgets into position, you will have the option to click to edit. Follow the instructions regarding the selection of content (which blog post, which form). If you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click →Save when finished.
Power User Tip: To edit a content block, click →Edit in the top right corner of the content block. Under More, you can delete a block or duplicate it.
Publishing a Page
Clicking →Save on a content block will only save those additions or changes. To make the page public, click →Publish in the upper left corner. You can also Preview and Save as Draft. If you click Back to Pages without clicking Publish or Save as Draft, no changes will be saved.