Tags allow grouping of people, clients, interactions and snapshots without customized programming or changes to your existing organization schemes.
- It is best to use tags around groups not represented in SourceLink®. Common examples can include: people who signed up to receive your newsletter from your website as “Newsletter-web,” and/or a specific email group such as “Chamber members”. Geographic areas not captured by traditional City, State, Zip fields also work well, examples can include “Region X” or “Main Street.”
- Develop your list as a team, so everyone will know the tags. Add a description to the tag so you will continue to know what it is used for.
- Start very narrow. Do not try to add many tags at once.
- Only extraction reports are available by tag name at this time.
To tag a client, find the "Client Tag" field in the client record. Start typing and your list of tags will appear.
- Tags can be created, modified, or deleted by going to Setup --> List Values --> Tags tab
- For each tag, a count of grouped content is displayed by type
- For a more in-depth review of all tags in your SourceLink account, click the Tag Report button
In addition to the Tag Report mentioned above, filters for each Tag type (Client, Person, Interaction and Snapshot) are available within Scout Reports with the appropriate Tag type available on its matching extraction report (ex: Client Tags are visible on the Client Extraction Report).